Home Ventilation / Tracheostomy Care
Home, Hope & Healing specializes in the nursing care of clients with mechanical ventilation and the associated care
required for home ventilation services. We work as part of a team to create a smooth transition from hospital to
home. Our work with hospital discharge planners, respiratory vendors and client / family members assures a safe
discharge to home. An RN assessment by the agency is done prior to the client arriving home so that we can begin to
put your team of caregivers together. We provide services to the following types of clients:
- Non-invasive ventilation (no tracheostomy required)
- Fully ventilator dependent or partial dependence
- Care of new tracheostomy
- Clients who have had long term dependence on mechanical ventilation
- Clients who are newly ventilated.
- Mechanical Ventilation may be required due to progressive respiratory conditions such as ALS, Muscular Dystrophy or respiratory failure.
- Mechanical Ventilation due to spinal cord injuries.
The care we provide includes:
- 1:1 nursing care
- Administration of medications and treatments such as nebulizers, cough assist, skin care and others specific to the client’s plan of care.
- Provision of nutritional support and support for the activities of daily living including bathing, dressing, transferring and positioning.
- Accompanying client/family members to medical appointments to assist in communication with physicians and assure coordination of services.
- Assisting in hospital discharges should these become necessary.
- Assuring medical supplies, equipment and medications are available as needed.