Section 96 Summary - Private Duty Nursing (PDN)
and Personal Care Services (PCS)
Definition: Private Duty Nursing (PDN) and Personal Care Services (PCS) are those covered services determined to
be medically necessary, when prior approved, and in the best interest of the person according to the orders and written plan of
care reviewed and signed by a licensed physician.
- Meets general Maine Care Eligibility Requirements
- Must be under the age of 21 in order to receive level IV care.
- Individuals of any age are eligible for all other levels of care.
Services could include:
- Private Duty Nursing Services;
- Personal Care Services;
- Venipuncture Only Services (Level VII);
- Medication and Venipuncture Services (Level VI);
- Care Coordination Services;
- Skills Training.
For more information regarding Private Duty Nursing, please use the Secure Contact Form or call the main office at 207-362-5252.